Schlage Ease™ S1 Series: At installation, when the lock is first powered, handing will be automatic. If it has not automatically handed or you require to re-hand it, simply factory reset the lock to trigger the auto-handing process.
For Schlage Ease™ S2 Smart Entry Lock, you will need to hand the levers to the correct orientation of your door. If you require to re-hand the lock, follow these simple instructions:
- Ensure your door is open and the Schlage Ease™ lock is unlocked.
- Insert your override key and turn it clockwise to unlock
- Use a pointed object, such as a paper clip, to depress the catch mechanism located on the underside of your lever. This should release the lever for you to remove it.
- Remove and rotate the cylinder; ensure the tail piece is vertical to align with the turn plate.
- Remount your lever in the correct direction and reinsert the key to turn clockwise to unlock. This should allow you to click the lever in place, turn back the key to remove.